Teach TOEFL®, TOEIC®, IELTS® and other Standardized Examinations
Online Certification Course
Help your students prepare to study in an English speaking country. This course will help you help your students succeed.
This certification course teaches how standardized examinations work and how to help your students prepare most effectively for them.
More time is spent on the TOEFL examination in the course book, as it is used as the method model for how to teach other examinations.
The methods suggested for the TOEFL examination work effectively for teaching students how to prepare for any major standardized examination.
The course does not use "secrets", tricks, shortcuts or any other non-sustainable notions. It teaches how standardized examinations work (including the necessary vocabulary), how to pick a good manual, how to baseline your students' skills and how to create a plan to improve those skills.
Experienced teachers can expect this course to take about 20 hours or less including the lesson plan project.
New or inexperienced teachers should expect it to take about 20 hours or a bit longer. You are allowed one year to complete the course.
Your evaluation is based on submitting lesson plans on required topics within the bounds of teaching specialized examinations.
Our English for Special Purposes (ESP) courses are written by
experienced teachers who have worked extensively in each specialty.
Why teach ESP courses?
- Smaller Classes
- Motivated Students
- Better Wages
- No Discipline Problems
- Adult Students
- Indeed, Why Not!
The course comes with your coursebook, our Fast Track Grammar Review for EFL Teachers and two writing manuscripts for teaching those skills.
Also included is a 76-page TOEFL Tips eBook written by ETS (the people who created the TOEFL test) and a 10-page IELTS Tips eBook.
Purchase this Certification Course for US$98
Included in this Course
- Free tutoring is via email, chat and Skype
- Coursebook for Teaching TOEFL®, IELTS®, TOEIC® and other Standardized Examinations
Topics of the course include:
- What are Standardized Tests?
- What do Standardized Tests Predict?
- How Standardized Examinations Work
- Content Validity, Testing Reliability and Internal Consistency Explained and Made Simple
- How the Statistics of Examination Work: Normal Curves, Standard Deviations, Errors in Measurement Explained and Made Simple
- How the above important ideas related to teaching the examinations
- And much more
For the TOEFL, TOEIC and IELTS Exams:
- An Overview of Each Examinations
- How to Choose a Study Guide for YOU and your Students: Currency, Scoring, Baselines, Progress Tests and more
- How to Use a Study Guide with your Students: Baselines, Building a Strategy for Improving Scores
- How to Build and Practice Skills
- Practice Testing
- What Taking the Examination is Like
- What Skills are Tested and How They are Tested
Teaching the Important Basic Skills for Improving Test Scores
- How to Teach Reading Skills
- How to Teach Writing Skills
- How to Teach Listening Skills
- How to Teach Speaking Skills
- How to Teach Grammar
- How to teach Study and Examination Skills