Teach English in China
Great Jobs in China We can help you start teaching English in China
Most of our jobs are in the Qingdao area, halfway between Shanghai and Beijing,
the best of both worlds!
- Degree NOT required
- Experience NOT required
- Native speaker of English from USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand. Please contact us if you are from S. Africa
- Europeans fluent in English may also be considered
- Full School Year Commitment Required (10-12 months)
- Age 21-59
- Submit your CV/resume and recent photo
About the Job...
You will be placed at local schools which include Aston English, Web International, Shandong Foreign Trade College, Galaxy International and many more. Your school will provide you with introductory training for teaching English to your students
Teaching hours are usually about 25 per week with up to 15 hours of office time. Working days and hours for private and public schools are generally Monday to Friday 8am to 4pm.
With language schools you may be required to work evenings and weekends and have 2 days off during the week.
Schools can sometimes expect you to be quite flexible and a relaxed attitude will help you succeed.
- FREE Accommodation. Shared with same gender for non-degreed teachers. Private accommodation sometimes provided for degreed teachers with TEFL Cert and experience
- Salary will range from 10-12,000 RMB (US$1500-1800) per month for non-degree holders and 12-14000 RMB (US$2100-2400) for degree holders, other variables include TEFL Certification (or not) and amount of previous teaching experience (if any).
- FREE Meals. Most schools provide free lunch; some also provide free dinner
- FREE Mandarin lessons - two hours each week if requested
- Flight Reimbursement - Up to 6000RMB after 12 month contract
- Visa support and free travel to validate visa
Free visa after first initial visa (except working visa holders)
- 24-hour emergency support
Salary will depend on the school and city where you teach. We work with some schools that will be able to provide a working visa; however not all degree holders will be able to get a working visa. They will be legal working on a business visas approved by the local authorities.
APPLY HERE - FREE Program
When inquiring about a position in China, please note the following in the message field:
1. If you are native speaker of English
2. WHEN you want to be in China
3. If you can commit to a full school year (10-12 months)
4. If you have a strong preference for a particular city away from the Qingdao area
5. What ages you would prefer to teach and if you are flexible about ages
6. Your age or date of birth
7. The country of your passport
Note: Your passport will need at least nine months before expiration or China will require renewal before issuing a visa.
In addition, a short 1-2 minute phone video introducing yourself is highly favored by schools and employers and increases your chances of landing a good job.
Key characteristics our employers are looking for: Friendliness, an ability to speak clearly, a strong voice, and a smile always helps. Speak in a calm and relaxed manner and you will do fine.
Introduce yourself, your hobbies and interests, and explain why you would like to teach in China.