China Summer Camp
- China Summer Camp 2017 -
Join the Summer Fun
**Volunteer Program with 1000RMB stipend**
**Here's an easy way to get to China**
**Gateway to a long-term job in China**
** Degree not required**
**Free Accommodation & Free Meals**
Minimum four-week commitment
Thirty classroom hours per week
About the China Summer Camp 2017
This summer teach in a high-end American English education school, where you will find American public school curriculum. cutting-edge materials and the latest equipment. You will help create a wide range of English language learning opportunities for Chinese children ages 3-12.
Much of the program is just pure fun with group games, sports, and outdoor activities such as horseback riding, kayaking, rock climbing, etc. Here is your chance to learn about China and teaching English abroad in a short-term low-stress environment. And if you want to stay on afterwards, we'll connect you with a regular teaching job.
The volunteer role requires a six-day week and your day off may not be on the weekend. The role requires about 30 hours of classroom time plus additional activities and games with the children.
- Native speaker from USA, UK, Australia or Canada
- TEFL/TESOL certification or degree NOT REQUIRED, but some college classes or a semester of college is required.
- Ages 19 to 49 - this is a high energy opportunity
- The ideal candidate will have some previous experience working with children, teachers and parents, but it is not required.
- Teachers with previous experience are welcome to join.
When & Where?
July 1st – Sept. 30th 2017 with a minimum commitment of four weeks.
Locations: Over 30 major cities in China, such as Shanghai, Qingdao, Hangzhou, and many others.
How to Apply?
Use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
What is Offered?
- This is a volunteer position and offers RMB1000 for four weeks (usually a six-day week).
- Free meals and accommodation for the duration of your time with the program.
- Accommodation is "shared". If in a hotel, you will share a twin room with another teacher/volunteer of the same gender. If in an apartment, you will have a private bedroom.
You will have free sightseeing and tours in the city of your residence during pre-camp training and on your day off. This helps to make this experience not just a summer job, but an opportunity to learn in-depth about Chinese culture from an insider point of view. You'll explore parts of China not usually seen on a regular tourist trip.
You will also be provided with free Chinese classes at your camp for the duration of your stay.
Upon your arrival, you will be picked up at Shanghai Pudong International Airport. Then you will have a 1-3 day training session in Shanghai.
Shanghai is a great place for enjoying your summer break with plenty of historic attractions, museums, galleries, theaters, cinemas, exhibitions and amusement parks.
The summer camp orientation in Shanghai is located in the heart of the city.
Teaching English in China in the summer of 2017 allows you to see what it is like living and teaching in China. If after the summer camp you feel you would like a job and want to extend, we will be happy to help you do that.
Apply now, and we will contact you with a job description and other useful information. We'll set up Skype interview later on and you will start the visa application process. Apply using the contact form at the bottom of this page.
In the message field of the contact form, please let us know the following information:
1. If you are native speaker of English
2. WHEN you want to be in China
3. If you can commit to at least four weeks
4. Your age or date of birth
5. The country of your passport
Note: Your passport will need at least nine months before expiration or China will require renewal before issuing a visa.
In addition, a short 1-2 minute phone video introducing yourself is highly favored by schools/employers.
Key things they are looking for: Friendliness, an ability to speak clearly, a strong voice and a smile always helps. Speak in a calm and relaxed manner and you will do fine. Introduce yourself, your hobbies and interests, and explain why you would like to teach in China.
Use this contact form to inquire about teaching English in China